Sunday 22 July 2012

Comment Notification Problem

I happened to notice today that a comment dropped in on one of my recent post – but that I received no email notification of the same. Going back through my blog posts this week, checking the comment sections, this seems to have happened more than once lately. I have received emails for most comments just as usual - but not all. Can’t figure out why!

For now I’ll set moderation on posts older than five or six days, to make sure I don’t miss any comments. If the problem increases, I might have to switch to moderation on new posts as well but I hope that won’t be necessary.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has noted the same problem!

4 comments:

  1. "Can’t figure out why!" is the story of my blogging life! In fact, my whole computing life. Indeed, while I'm at it - my whole life at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment, for example, I did not receive by email! Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my brain must have stopped working during my three-days-holiday. The missing emails could of course be found in my email spam folder. Of course they don't belong there, but at least they had not just disappeared to some unknown destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not aware of emails disappearing and I have always had comment moderation for comments on posts over two weeks old.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...