Thursday 20 September 2012

Not A Good Morning

I don’t really like to complain; and yet here I am, feeling the urge to complain about having had to start my morning with a list of complaints…

First I needed to send an email of complaint to the caretaker of my building - about Anonymous leaving heavy objects in places where they shouldn’t be. (Like furniture outside my storage room in the basement. Besides more or less blocking the way to my space, it’s against fire saftey rules to leave/store anything in the corridors.)

Then when I turned on the computer, I found that Blogger has now suddenly taken the final step to turn off the Old Dashboard. Okay, okay, I know it’s not “suddenly” but I still don’t like it…

Many of you probably switched to the New Dashboard long ago. If you are happy with it, and don’t feel a need to join in the kicking and screaming - please feel free to just skip the rest of this post.

image

Besides finding the new layout and colour scheme less good from visual impairment point of view, one of my major complaints is that I can no longer scroll the list of blogs (left) and the list of posts (right) separately. I can’t see how this is an improvement for anyone as it means a lot more scrolling back and forth.

So every time I enter the New Dashboard I feel an urge to send complaining feedback to Blogger (and have already done so twice this morning); which delays me and puts me in generally grumpy mood… Sorry about that… I’ll do my best to try and get over it… (Hrmpf!)

9 comments:

  1. I've got used to it but agree the old was much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me...it took me weeks to really 'get the feel' of things with the New Blogger. But now, now that I'm used to the new interface, I don't think I'd like the 'older' version any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the rest of your day will be a lot better - Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you go over to the side of what you have here, and click on the blue link read in google reader, you will not have to use this page. i never use this page for that very reason, it is horrible....and in the link, as you scroll it marks them read and they go away and you know you read them. I have been using this since the day they first offered it and love it. you will when you get used to it. except of course this scroll thing, i just ignore this page. unless i am trying to remember the name of a blog and i look for it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. That does seem like a better alternative and might take some of my frustration away.

      Delete
  5. I hate it as well but have never had time to try Google Reader... i.e. I was too lazy and too afraid of getting even more worked up about things. Following Sandra's comment I must try it. Like you I find it much harder for the visually impaired but did all my complqining when they switched me off in april.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. IOU one e-mail - you're first on my list of social ones!!!

      Delete
    2. Good to know... :) I've been so behind with everything myself lately that I was almost convinced it must be the other way round...
      I've been trying out Google Reader today and I think can get used to it ;)

      Delete
  6. I seem to be the only person who has used the 'new' dashboard since it appeared in beta form several years ago. I much prefer it.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...