Saturday 9 March 2013

Sepia Saturday: Steamers

Gerdas 02.5-001

My contribution to this week’s Sepia Saturday is this harbour photo from my great-aunt Gerda’s photo album. --- Read more: Greetings from the Past

“You might want to go with boats, water, steamers, piers or writing on photographs : or you might want to paddle your photographic boat in an entirely different direction. This is Sepia Saturday, the choice is yours.”

Thought I’d put in this “teaser” here to alert you that I’ve been posting more of the old postcards in the Greetings blog again lately. I also found Sepia Saturday back in the late autumn and have been using their challenges now and then to muse over some photos from the family albums.

10 comments:

  1. I popped over and viewed all your cards, i really really like the three greetig cards with the ladies on them, umbrellas, long skirts, hair up. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. It has such a strong period feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good photo, very sharp. I wish I knew who the photographer was.

      Delete
  3. I have been keeping abreast of your other blogs but haven't had time recently to do the Greetings one justice. I shall eventually though. It's not as if it will be going anywhere else sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope not. (A reminder to self that it's been a while since I backed up my blogs.) Most of it will be Old News whenever you look at it... I keep finding out little things though. Today I got another email from a relative I never met!

      Delete
  4. A lovely old picture of the Harbour in Gothenburg :-)
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you recognize it. I didn't at first (more about that in the other blog).

      Delete
  5. Thats a very good photo to be in an album - pictures of that era weren't usually very well composed but this looks more like a postcard. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jenny, it's a lovely photo that could easily be a postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tiny tugboat in the left of the picture. It should be the hero of a children's story about the sinking ship that the big tugs couldn't save...

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...