Saturday 18 July 2015

Down Memory Lane

CIMG4986

CIMG4987

CIMG4989

I don’t know the name of this tree/shrub. If anyone can enlighten me, please do! It grows in the old cemetery and was at its most beautiful a couple of weeks ago.

I’m having a busy time packing this weekend as I’ll be going away on a little trip for a few days with my brother. From the items spread out in my flat just now one might assume I’m going to the end of the earth and planning to stay away for at least a month… In reality it’s just that there’s so much stuff I need (or might need) these days, even for a short trip. And it’s been such a long time since I last went anywhere at all that I’m out of practice when it comes to packing.

I will be taking a break from blogging until I get back; but I do hope to keep my camera busy. It will be a trip down Memory Lane for me (or at least partly). But I’ve never been there with a digital camera before!

Linking to
Shadow Shot Sunday2

13 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is, but it's beautiful! I love how it seems to cascade over the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the flower is, but boy is it pretty. Enjoy your trip, I know what you mean about needing more and more stuff when you travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It;s a very pretty shrub and I love the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip, Monica! I am already looking forward to your pictures and descriptions from travelling along Memory Lane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Mo :-)

    another botanical quiz of yours to be solved .... ;-)
    This time it's quite simple: the beautiful bush is a "beautybush" - also known as "Dream Catcher™"
    in German it's Perlmuttstrauch, latin name Linnaea/Kolkwitzia amabilis, origin is China (wèi shí 猬實).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linnaea_amabilis

    Have a nice and easy trip with as few baggage as possible!
    Best wishes,
    mo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Mo! You seem to be quite the expert on this kind of thing :)

      Delete
  6. Have a great time. Get plenty of photographs and try and stay sober.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the flowers are wonderful and i love the name beautybush or dream catcher.. have a wonderful time, i have not been on a trip since April 2007... can't wait to see what you see.. enjoy and we will be waiting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time away with your brother. As for the first photo: I could walk down that path for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shrub, flowers and shadows!
    Enjoy your vacation.
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful trip....bring back lots of photos to share with us.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...