Sunday 20 December 2015

December 20 - What's This?

Today I'm picking another thing from a kitchen drawer, to ask if you know what it is? Some of you may have been familiar with it a lot longer than I have... I had never seen or heard of one until I happened to find it sold at my supermarket a couple of summers ago. In spite of feeling a bit sceptical, I decided to give it a go.




  It was sold as a melon slicer:



I've never yet quite managed what they do in that video (for one thing, it's very rarely that I want to cut a whole melon all at once).  But I've found the tool just as useful (or even more so) as a mango cutter.


(...mixing it with yoghurt for breakfast...)

8 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, but I guessed "melon slicer" when looking at the picture, before reading the words :-)
    I love fresh mango but it always gets a bit messy when I open one for myself; your tool looks like a good solution for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I doubt there is any way of cutting a mango that does not involve a bit of a mess... But this is the best tool for it that I've found yet!

      Delete
  2. I too thought it was for getting the seeds out of a melon. I remember when market people used to have wonderful gadgets like this that they could use but I never could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, for just getting the seeds out of the middle of a melon I find an ordinary spoon works just as well. But I have to admit this tool does a better job when it comes to cutting it into little dices.

      Delete
  3. that is super cool.. never seen one, but it sure works.. i love mango's.. and i am liking your drawer a day posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. Not many days to go now, phew... ;) After Christmas I think I'll try to get back to some still unposted summer holiday photos instead (I've been saying that for months...)

      Delete
  4. A melon slicer! Well I never. That's one kitchen gadget that not only do I not have but that I've never heard of. (What a very badly constructed sentence that was).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If is of any comfort, Graham, I had never heard of such a thing before either - until I saw it, and bought it!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...