Friday 2 June 2017

Postcards for the Weekend - Country Maps

 
Postcard map of Sweden, featuring some typical tourist attractions




Postcrossing card from China, 2014 - Chinese Food Map



Postcrossing card from India, 2014 - Incredible India
(featuring the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world)


I hope none of my postcards sent to people in April and May have gone astray. I learned this week that our postage was raised again from 1st April... Happily unaware of that, I have probably been sending out a few with not quite enough stamps on them...

Weekend Linky Party: 
Postcards for the weekend 40 - Country maps

5 comments:

  1. The first postcard looks so familiar. What I love about it is bee & bluebell, flag, goldfinch, snail, and yellow flower where the water pump is dripping. So you might say I love the entire thing. I hope your cards got sent. The thing with postcards is there is no room to put a return address.The foods of areas of China is very clever. How are you and how did your re-check go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like the Sweden card with the moose. excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those postcards remind me of some I sent when I used to spend every summer on Sicily for 10 years, during my first marriage. I often chose a postcard with a map of the island, and marked "our" village with a pen, so that people knew how far away from "everything" we were there...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! These postcards are all fantastic! The first postcard makes me miss Sweden even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same Swedish card - I love seeing what countries (or counties) decide to use to illustrate their maps!
    The India card is a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...